We're taking part in Indie Week, it's about encouraging people to shop independent and support small businesses. We have some exciting things planned including a £150 giveaway with Emma Lacey Ceramics which starts on Thursday, but in the meantime, Just a card is encouraging us Makers to share 10 facts about us, so here goes...
1) We're 10 🎉This November it was 10 years since we launched our products and website whilst drinking bubbly and rocking a baby Wilf to sleep. He'll be 11 next month and we also have Bea (7) and Rose (3) who we're training to roll prints and fold tea towels too. Christmas is our busy time, so no time to party... yet.
2) David's a runner, he's represented England over 10,000 metres (he'll kill me for telling you that but I'm struggling to get to 10 facts, hopefully he won't notice 🙈). He runs 90-100 miles a week and often trains twice a day.
3) He's also a prolific book cover designer. I don't know how he juggles it all, he's a grafter.
4) I'm struggling to tell you anything interesting about me 😁I'm Jane, I run Bold & Noble with the help of some lovely ladies. Like all working parents the world over, I'm a reluctant plate spinner. I do the school runs, keep the fridge stocked and try to keep everyone happy whilst finding pockets of time to design and file the VAT returns punctually.
5) We haven't helped ourselves with making life simpler because we just moved to a renovation bungalow, some questioned why we wanted to leave our comfortable, finished home, but it has beautiful views and we could see the potential - suckers. This weather and the lack of heating in some rooms is making us question our decision making skills 🤔. Prepare for some bungalow spam in the New Year.
6) In 2019 we're working on a collaborative wallpaper collection with our pal at Beam Interiors.
7) As well as designing our products and books for Publishers, we also work with brands to design logos, packaging, websites. We can't resist a creative challenge.
8) I'm from a village in East Sussex, David's from Jarrow in Tyne & Wear. We met at uni in Newcastle, then spent ten years working at design agencies and living in London, before finding a meeting point between Brighton and Newcastle to make our proper home. Hitchin is the place and it turned out great.
9) We only work with UK manufacturers. That was the benchmark for Bold & Noble when we set up. So if you buy anything from us you're not only supporting us in Hitchin, but also Screen printers in Letchworth and Lincolnshire, Framers in Cambridge and Wallpaper printers in Lancashire.
10) I'm must be a waffler, because looking at other Maker's 10 facts, each is about three words long.